Greetings from the Abyss by Jack (Part 19)

Jack is serving life without parole, and has terminal cancer. Throughout my incarceration, Jack was a positive influence. He encouraged me to keep writing, to enter short-story competitions, and we proofread each other’s chapters. Jack is seeking pen pals, so anyone interested please email me at attwood.shaun@hotmail.co.uk for his details.

Last time I wrote to you about getting assaulted by a guard in my chemotherapy port. The fever I had as a result lasted so long, the prisoners tried to get me seen by Medical, but Medical told the officers that it sounded like I had the flu and there wasn’t anything they could do about it. So my neighbours took care of me. Nothing new on that front. After the fever finally broke, it took another week or so before I began to feel strong enough to get around again.

The nurse called me over to Medical for my monthly chemo port flush. She began to berate me because of all the bruising around my port on that side of my chest. When I told her that it was because of the Tactical Support Unit (TSU), all of a sudden, it wasn’t so bad. I don’t even try to engage them anymore if I can avoid it.

I did have to ask about why I haven’t been back to the oncologist, or why I hadn’t been rescheduled for the cancelled dermatologist appointment in December. I will give the nurse credits for calling and trying to find out what’s going on with these appointments. Unfortunately, no one knows what’s going on. She also put me back on antibiotics for an ongoing ear infection. Sometimes, I think this issue will never get better.

Before I forget, I saw Xena (She-Ra) the other day. She has hooked up with someone new now that her boyfriend has been released.

Shaun, I’m very tired and it’s very late. I’m going to close for now and pick this up later this week, I promise. Again, I apologise for my tardiness and express my hope that you are well. Take care of yourself, my friend, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Always your friend,

Jack

Shaun Attwood  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the barbarity of the us prison system is something i still can't get my head around. i've been doing some reading on orleans parish prison and the polunsky unit in texas, they've created a hell on earth in these places.