From Frankie (Letter 13)

Frankie - A Mexican Mafia hit man and leader of prison "booty bandits" who has been proposing our gay marriage ever since he saw me rubbing antifungal ointment on the bedsores on my buttocks at the Madison Street jail. He was there on murder charges he subsequently beat.

7-28-09

What’s up, Englandman?

Yes, it’s been a while my friend, but you’re not forgotten and the love will always be here. (smile)
How could I forget a hairy ass like yours?

Anyway, I’ve been real busy, going to school from 8am to 10:30am, then I go to work from 12:30pm to 8:30pm 7 days a week in the kitchen, so I really haven’t had any time for anything.

It’s not that I lost faith, I had to do something to survive in this place. I honestly stopped messing around with drugs, so now I’m living off of $12 every 2 weeks as I’m making 20 cents an hour.

At times some of my friends come by and try to put some stuff in my hands, so that I can make money, and it’s very tempting, but I continue to refuse.
I should have been out already if it wasn’t for that dope I got busted with, and when my release date came that’s when I felt it the most.

As of now, I have 16 months left on the 4 ½ years and I’m not messing that up. Unless in the next month Sept! they change the 85% release to 65% then I’ll be home a lot sooner.

My friend, I ain’t written a letter in such a long time that my hand is already hurting. Damn! I need to get back into it.

As always, I’m still the greatest in chess. Many have tried to take the crown, but haven’t been able to.

Well, my friend, I’m going to close for now. Give my L&R to your mom and dad.

Much Love & Respect,

Frankie

Click here for Frankie’s previous letter.

Our friends inside appreciate your comments.

Email comments or questions for Frankie to writeinside@hotmail.com or post them below. To post a comment if you do not have a Google/Blogger account, just select anonymous for your identity.

Shaun P. Attwood

3 comments:

Chris Phoenix said...

I know work is supposed to build character, but earning $6 a week is ridiculous. It's almost as though they wanted to create an irresistible incentive for drug trafficking.

Naah, couldn't be.

Anyway, good on you, Frankie, for resisting! Stay strong, get out, do good, do well.

Chris

Sue O. (aka Joannie, SS) said...

That's very true, but it is truly amazing how much that little tiny paycheck becomes a huge incentive. I tell my son if he can love the idea of making so little, just think what the idea of minimum wage will mean! (LOL-sort of) Good job, Frankie-you're moving in the right direction.

m said...

Amazing Christmas Offers 2018
Get best non surgical tattoo removal treatment on Here
Laser Tattoo Removal in Dubai