Greetings from the Abyss by Jack (Part 12)

Jack is serving life without parole, and has terminal cancer. Throughout my incarceration, Jack was a positive influence. He encouraged me to keep writing, to enter short-story competitions, and we proofread each other’s chapters. Jack is seeking pen pals, so anyone interested please email me at attwood.shaun@hotmail.co.uk for his details.

Hello, my friend. How are you today? Well, I hope. Thank you for the sympathy card and your condolences concerning my brother Eddy. It has been difficult but I am coping with my issues.

Claire was telling me that Yasmin seems to be doing well, that her hair is growing back, and her energy is returning so that she can do those things that most children do, drive those around them crazy. Good. I’m glad to hear it. I hope she runs you ragged.

I understand that the premiere of Locked-Up Abroad and the Party Time book launch went well. Just don’t let all of that fame and acclaim go to your head. If it gets to be too much, grab your sleeping bag, go into the bathroom and shut the door. Spending a couple of days sleeping by the toilet should bring you back to reality.

Well, the only other thing going on here was my day trip to St. Luke’s hospital last week for an MRI and CT scan. I’m not sure why it was necessary to do both, but it made for a long day without food. I don’t have the results but I should be going to the oncologist soon, so maybe I’ll find out then what’s going on.

Take care of yourself, Shaun. I hope you are well and you have my continued wish for good fortune. Tell all I said Hi!

Always,

Jack

Ps) Slingblade says Hi and he was asking about you last week.

Shaun Attwood

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was the first letter from inside in what seems like months lol Not taking away from anything on JJJ but can we please please please see more letters/stories from inside