T-Bone v Fierce (by T-Bone)

T-Bone - Radiating power and strength, this deeply-spiritual massively-built African-American towers over most inmates. He is a prison gladiator with more stab wounds than Julius Caesar. A good man to have on your side.

I don’t believe I’ve ever told you about this big, and I mean big guy called Fierce who was bull-dogging a small kid in for 2½ years for stealing cars. Fierce had heard about me and when I hit the yard, he looked me up and down like he either wanted to eat me or take me to bed. I was scared because I didn’t know why he was checking me out like that. I started to look around for something to hit him with. The only thing was the mop, and it was a long way away.

He came at me slowly and my adrenaline shot to the roof and my legs were shaking. He offered to shake my hand, so we did, and as I tried to let go he said, “Mind your own business, nigger boy.”

I couldn’t believe it at first because there is some respect even though the black prison population in Arizona is small. He disrespected me because the devil had a hold of his heart and mind. He was and is evil. I thank God that he didn’t hit right then and there because my guard wasn’t up due to the handshake.

I stood there for a second.
He turned and looked at me.
I walked away, and turned to God. I can’t say that God spoke to me, but I can say that he answered my prayer.

Four days went by and Fierce had that kid bleeding from the mouth and anus. Just thinking about it I am still moved by the brutality of it all. None of the kids race would stand up for him. That’s when God touched me and moved me. I couldn’t do anything out in the open, so I waited, listening to the kid scream “No!” at night, and Fierce walking out in the morning like he had been with his woman.

This old man who went to church services told me that Fierce was coming after me because a few troublemakers were encouraging him to do so because they were afraid of him. They wanted to use me to get rid of him.

Fierce was lost in himself, meaning he didn’t care about anyone else. He only cared about getting high on heroin and the power he had over the people in prison including the guards allowing him to act out in certain ways.

Led by the good Lord, I stayed up one night at the door listening and watching. I heard his cell door opening slowly, so I put shampoo on the floor and stepped back.
Wham! The door flew open and I braced myself.
He slipped and his hands grabbed for the sink and the wall. I hit him in the solar plexus, and went to town on his sorry ass. His size and strength were something to behold. I put everything I had into every punch and kick. Fierce jumped up and ran out. My hand was a mess.

He went to his cell, got a weapon, and came running back yelling, “I’m gonna kill you, nigger!”
The cop in the tower told him to lock-down, and he did right away.
That morning he was gone, moved by the guards to another yard.

Fierce only had five weeks left to serve. The word now is that he lives in California, where he’s doing time for rape. The kid he raped in the Arizona Department of Corrections tried to kill himself when he got out and is still on medication.


Shaun Attwood

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

A true hero in the face of such brutality. Thank heaven for people like you T-Bone

Charlotte x

Anonymous said...

Hey shaun. i always keep up to date with your blogs and have been reading for years and when i read that t.bone was back in prison i was disappointed(to say the least) but after reading this i realised that even tho t.bone was ready to leave prison, maybe God wasn't ready for him to leave.T-Bone is a inspiration and a breath of fresh air to everyone, always standing up for what is righteous and right even when it seems dire to do so. T-Bone, God has big plans for you, just keep on having faith, hope, and love and put into action, what i mean is keep on doing and puting your faith into practise. T-Bone keep on doing what you dong and never give up because God will never give up on you. God Bless You.

Anonymous said...

Enough with the god nonsense. If a god existed that was even remotely merciful or loving, T-Bone wouldn't be in the situation he or those people are in. God has plans for T-Bone by ruining his life and making him caretaker over sexually abused criminals? I think T-Bone exaggerates his stories and relies on the god bit to garner support or sympathy for being a thug who still gets into trouble and can't keep his hand off people. This is what you get when you deal with irrational thinkers and people who believe in silliness like bronze age bible myths. Playing the god bit to justify violence and being in jail is sickening. If this is what is considered a hero to some readers, they need to get out more.

AndrewM said...

Hey Anonymous 7:28,

If you don't believe in God, that's fine. Try not to judge people who do. If you want to discuss philosophy and religion, this probably isn't the place.

I don't think your criticism of T-Bone is justified. If you think his writing is sickening, don't read it.

I like T-Bone's writing and I get out a lot, thanks.

AndrewM.

Charlotte said...

HE believes in God and HE believes that this is what he needs to do. I think anyone who has the courage to stand up to people who are trying to take control of someone elses life by sexually abusing them (criminal or not) should be applauded. Many people in prison in America are innocent, usually due to not being able to afford decent counsel. For many it's a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't think that many would have the courage to do what he does.

Anonymous said...

God aside, anonymous, if you were in prison wouldn't you want T-Bone on your side? Bet you wouldn't say these things to T-Bone's face.

Ghost

bail bonds las vegas said...

Man I do admire what you did. Way to take a stand against such a creep.

Anonymous said...

Having so much hate for fierce now :@

JM said...

for whatever reason, T-Bone is still justified in my book. kicking some rapo's butt and getting them sent off a yard is a good thing.

~Big Jason

Anonymous said...

Huge admiration for T-Bone, not only for standing up for the poor kid in the face of evil but mostly for keeping your faith in the harshest of environments when everyone is probably judging you before they even know you. God bless and peace be with you :)

jarryd7470 said...

It is so good to see that in the inside, there are still people with a BIG heart. T-Bone, for me on the outside (I live in England) your stories are very inspirational. It is a shame you are in prison because you sound like you don't deserve to be there. I am glad you give these punks what they deserve. Also thanks Shaun for giving us the talk on prison and drugs at Charters on Thursday. Thanks T-Bone for giving us such inspiration.
Jarryd McKenna