28 Aug 08

From Frankie (Letter 8)

Frankie - A Mexican Mafia hitman and leader of prison "booty bandits" who has been proposing our gay marriage ever since he saw me rubbing antifungal ointment on my bedsored buttocks at the Madison Street jail. He was there on murder charges he subsequently beat. He was recently moved from the super-maximum prison housing Arizona's death row to Tucson jail awaiting sentencing on charges he picked up in prison.


8-21-08

Englandman My Friend,

Well I finally made it to Pima County jail and let me tell you, the food is really great here and the jail is one of the best jails I ever been compared to Maricopa.
Sheriff Joe needs to take lessons from Pima County.

Anyway, if you write me here, they only allow prestamped envelopes.

I get sentenced on Sept 8 at 9AM. It’s either 4 ½ or 6 years. My lawyer says it’s 75% that I’ll get 4 ½ years with 13 months back time. Let’s do the math. I only do 85% of 4 ½ years, which takes 9 months off and I have 13 months back time. That’s 22 months to take from 4 ½ years, leaves me 32 months.
My friend, that’s a piece of cake for a guy like me. But there’s a big but! I’m leaving the vida loca. It’s time to do right cuz my 8 sisters need a brother out there and I’m all they have now cuz as you know my older brother passed away in May.

Don’t forget me on Sept 8 at 9AM. Say A Prayer For Frankie Day. Spread the word.
Romans 6-23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

My friend, do you have anyone here in Tucson that will come and visit me?

Take care & write soon.

Much love and respect,

----Mr Frankie----

Email comments to writeinside@hotmail.com or post them below

Copyright © 2007-2008 Shaun P. Attwood

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good to see frankie lay down the sword and do right. That lifestyle tends to get old after a while. Frankie, many will doubt you until they see a genuine change in your demeanor, but don't let that stop you from doing what you gotta do to do right. Your success will no doubt come with a few pitfalls and sidetracks, but picking yourself back up and getting back on the right track is the way to show your commitment and resilience.

I went through the same shit and came out on top. You can do the same. Don't let them welcome you back to Joe's house. Just read the word, get a 9 to 5-er and stay off the dope. Find you a nice ruca to settle down with or stay with family. I assume you still live in the Varrio (LCM) so it may help to find a place to stay outside the neighborhood. Just work hard and stay true to yourself. I went from $8.00 an hour when I got out to $21.00 and right now. At times I wanted to slip up and go back to my old ways but I kept my mind right. The money isn't much compared to other people's salary, but it pays my bills and rent and gets me food in my stomach. It isn't hard once you work it into your daily routine. Remember, it's either that or you can look forward to calling the pinta your retirement home. Take care and best wishes.

-Jose in San Diego

Anonymous said...

Frankie,

Good luck on the 8th and I'm glad you're getting out of the lifestyle.

Shaun, let us know how his sentencing goes!

Anonymous said...

want to show us something frankie? how about donating time to helping raped inmates and families of inmates killed by gang violence inside prisons. thats a good start. quoting scripture and talking isnt enough.