From Warrior (Letter 9)

Warrior - Serving fourteen years for kidnapping and aggravated assault. Half Hispanic and Scottish-Irish with family still in Mexico. Brought up by a family steeped in drug commerce. He writes some of the best prison-fight stories on the Internet.

I’ve had quite a week. Remember I mentioned about Grit’s overdose, and how his corpse lay on display for 6 hours? Well, that almost happened again. I was waiting by the phones to make a call, talking to another prisoner. An inmate notorious for staying high walked over and joined the wait for the phones. Suddenly, he fell over and started foaming at the mouth. Everyone panicked and scattered the scene.

I thought he was going to die right there. There was only me and another prisoner who stayed. The man looked as if he were dead. Instinctively, I told the other guy, “Pump his chest quick!” We both pumped his chest, and brought him back to life.

Needless to say, he just ended up getting high again later that day.

For all of the drugs I’ve pushed, I admit, I felt a small bit of redemption in that instant. One of life’s ironies, I’d say.

Click here for Letter 8 from Warrior.

Our friends inside appreciate your comments.

Links to more prison stories by Warrior:
Warrior v Big E.
Rapist on the Yard
Bucket of Blood
Central Unit

Post comments and questions for Warrior below or email them to writeinside@hotmail.com To post a comment if you do not have a Google/Blogger account, just select anonymous for your identity.

Shaun Attwood

2 comments:

Sophie J said...

Well done Warrior, you could work in the medical profession and / or become a healer. Good luck with whatever you decide to do in future and I hope the world becomes a kinder place and that you continue being part of that race to make it better, so that all those talents you have can thrive and flourish. Very best wishes.

Snipesecmk said...

Well done Warrior, you could work in the medical profession and / or become a healer. Good luck with whatever you decide to do in future and I hope the world becomes a kinder place and that you continue being part of that race to make it better, so that all those talents you have can thrive and flourish. Very best wishes.