Email Received from a Student

Hello Shaun,

I attended your talk to my school Dover Grammar School for Girls earlier this evening. I just wanted to let you know that I find it remarkable at how you can tell others about things you regret earlier in your life, and the decisions you wish you had never made.
It must be hard for you to tell everyone about the hard situations you went through when in prison. Also, I find your commitment to letting the world know how awful these prisons are, and trying your best to get it recognised uplifting.
I was the only year 10 student in the hall this evening, and the reason I decided to attend was because last year you had talked about this with our year when in year 9. When you told it the first time, I found it amazing. It was full of information, and really made people realise the conditions at which you could be put through as a consequence of taking illegal drugs. I thought it would be good for me to come again since I loved it last time. You don't hold back on the truth which is great because then we find out the truth about what it is really like.
I thought it was wonderful this time that you showed the video of your mother talking about how she felt when all this was happening to you. 


I think this added a lot to the story as it made me and the people around me think about how our parents would feel if we put them through a similar situation.
That's all I really wanted to say.  I wish you all the best in your future. I am so happy that you got out of prison just to tell us your story because it is full of emotions and you are truly an inspiration in my eyes. Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,

Becky Arman, Year 10


Shaun Attwood

No comments: