26 Jul 08

From Shane (Letter 2)

Shane - After being denied psychiatric medication by ValueOptions, Shane turned to illegal drugs he financed with burglaries. The medication in prison caused him to suffer a period of spontaneous ejaculations.


6/27/08

Shaun,

Hey there, my bloody Brit buddy! Just a quick note to update you on the goings-on here.

Weird Al has been liberated and is now probably stalking the blogosphere for havoc to cause on certain bloggers. I was glad to see him leave. I don’t expect to see him here again. I’ll miss him.

I’m now enrolled in Pima Community College (HVAC), Smart Recovery, and Creative Writing with Dr. S. I’m trying to keep busy. As busy as I can in this stagnant lake of disparity.

Things the past two months have exhausted me emotionally. I can feel myself crawling back into my safe hole. You know, the hole with protective layers that smothers and keeps me protected from EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. I just want to be able to say that I “Don’t Care!” and mean it.

On a different front, I really enjoy Dr. S’s Creative Writing class. It’s thought- provoking and fun. My friend in Scottsdale thinks I should immediately look into being an in-house staff writer for various publications dealing with criminal justice, prisoner rights, prison reform, etc. as soon as I get out in 2012. He says I have a knack for it and am very good.

Oh yeah, have you been reading Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s recent media drama? He’s up to his old antics. He’s now made enemies out of Mayor Phil Gordon, an assistant attorney, another New Times reporter and a Phoenix Police Chief.

Also, the Arizona Republic had a front-page article about a 17 year old who was a Mesa runaway since age 15, who recently revealed he is in the Arizona Department of Corrections with adults, and has been locked up for two years. His age wasn’t discovered by Mesa P.D., M.C.S.O, Superior Court, Public Defender’s Office, County Attorney’s Office, or ADOC. After two years of being in prison the kid told a psych and started the ball rolling. Now at 17, he’s a hardcore convict!

Well, I’ll go for now.

Your friend,

Shane


Email comments to writeinside@hotmail.com or post them below

Copyright © 2007-2008 Shaun P. Attwood

No comments: