Question Time

Students emailed:

Hi Shaun,

Me and my friends found your talk very inspiring and interesting. I think it is a great thing that you can openly talk about things that you have witnessed throughout your time in prison and your raving lifestyle before hand. Also it shows that people can change by doing better things and learning from the bad. I am in the process of reading your first book party time, and think it is very good and interesting to read! However I have a few questions that I would like to ask...

Did Xena survive after cutting a testicle off?  and if so is he/she currently still in an Arizona prison?

How long did you write for and where did you get the resources from?
 
Has there ever been a time or experience since you came out of prison that you was tempted or pressured to take drugs again?

Me and my friends have many more questions that we would like to ask but i know you are very busy and have lots of people wanting to know about your experience.

looking forward to your reply

Sarah, Rachel and Chandni

(Walsall College Childcare Students)

My response:

Xena did survive after cutting one testicle off and more recently she cut off the other. I've asked Xena to write an account of the second removal to follow on from what she wrote about the first. Xena is still in prison.

In Towers jail in 2002, I stared writing little stories about what was going on in the jail in the letters to my loved ones. It was my family's fascination with those stories and our desire to expose what was going on that led to my blog. I've been writing ever since. As well as the two books I've had published, I have two more coming out next year: Prison Time (the third book in the English Shaun Trilogy) and a self-help book about the 10 most important lessons I've learned in my life. By resources, I assume you mean pens and paper. In jail, I was allowed a tiny golf pencil and I could buy paper and envelopes from the jail commissary (inmate store). In prison, in medium security and minimum security, I was allowed to buy Bic pens.

Out at pubs and clubs, I've occasionally been offered drugs, but I'm happy in my own skin now. I don't feel the need to mess with my brain any more. Out of my friends who still do drugs in America usually one or two die every year.


Shaun Attwood

No comments: